Three reasons why I love Tilda Swinton
- This photo shoot with AnOther magazine.
- She does what she wants, when she wants.
- She spoke Italian in I Am Love, with a Russian accent. That’s badass.
Three things I love about Christina Ricci.
- Picks roles that are similar on paper, but then plays them each completely differently.
- Actually had a shockingly interesting career for a child actress.
- Everything she did in The Opposite of Sex, everything.
Three things I love about Mia Wasikowska
- I love a lady who ran rock a gray dress.
- Seems to love actresses as much as I do. Look who she’s worked with; Bening, Moore, Kidman and Close.
- Doesn’t seem interested in being a celebrity, only an actress and a damn good one at that.
Three reasons why I love Amy Adams
- Has mastered the art of charm, something many actresses can’t do.
- Can easily switch between comedy and drama (however it’s debatable which one her Doubt performance was meant to be.)
- I’m still in awe of her Junebug performance 7 years later.
Three reasons why I love Kate Winslet
- Doesn’t seem capable of giving a poor performance
- Picks interesting directors (Branagh, Gondry, Campion, Lee, Jackson, Polanski, Haynes)
- Shamelessly wants to EGOT (and seems likely to do so)
Three reasons why I love Sophia Loren
- Recently read an article on her in Vanity Fair and she is an endlessly fascinating woman.
- Broke a lot of ground for ethnic and international actresses.
- In this picture she destroys Jayne Mansfield with her eyes.
Three reasons why I love Emma Thompson
- Has there been a better Golden Globe acceptance speech ever?
- Is finally starting to act and write more consistently!
- Gives the best performance ever seen in a Christmas movie in Love, Actually.